[PCA] WEB: Survey on Restoration, Climate Change and Working with Moving Organisms

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Nov 25 15:50:22 CST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:29:15 -0800
From: Tom Kaye <tom at appliedeco.org>

The Institute for Applied Ecology is conducting a survey of international
professionals, academics, students, etc. about their perspectives on
restoration, climate change, and working with and moving organisms.  Climate
change may be the defining challenge to the field of restoration ecology
this century. How does the wider restoration community currently approach
the challenges of habitat and species restoration, and how is this approach
likely to shift if the climate changes locally and globally? Understanding
how people conduct or support restoration is crucial to engaging in
discussions that move our field forward in the face of changing
environments.  We think you will find many of the questions interesting and
thought provoking.
Please consider taking this survey if you have any connection to the process
of habitat restoration (from policy to research to implementation) or want
to make your views known.  The survey is available at the following link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JR9MNHQ
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JSWHY7C>
We are excited to conduct this survey and hope that you will participate (it
takes about 15 minutes).  We will conclude the survey on 31 January 2010 and
the results will be published.  Thanks in advance for your time.

Tom Kaye
Institute for Applied Ecology
PO Box 2855, Corvallis, Oregon 97339-2855
563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis, Oregon
541-753-3099 ext. 111
www.appliedeco.org
Dept. of Botany and Plant Pathology
Oregon State University
2087 Cordley Hall, Corvallis, Oregon 97331