[PCA] National Native Seed Conference

Rob Fiegener rob at nativeseednetwork.org
Tue Nov 17 12:40:49 CST 2009

NATIONAL NATIVE SEED CONFERENCE
May 17-21, 2010
Snowbird, Utah
http://www.nativeseed.info

Restoration and rehabilitation projects require native seed.  The
National Native Seed Conference will provide an interdisciplinary
forum to discuss the latest research and issues facing land managers
pertaining to the selection, production, and use of native seed.

   * Genetics & Seed Transfer Zones
   * Strategies for Climate Change
   * Species Selection
   * Seed Collection
   * Testing & Development
   * Seed Production
   * Successfully Using Native Seed for Restoration & Rehabilitation
   * Local and Regional Plant Materials Programs

The conference will feature oral and poster presentations, workshops,
and field trips.  A preliminary program is available at the conference
website http://www.nativeseed.info

This conference presents a unique opportunity to meet and share ideas
with people across the nation working on plant materials development.

What seed should I use on my project?
How can I find seed?  Should I collect my own?
How local is local?
How can native seed be more available and affordable?
Are cultivars appropriate for restoration or rehabilitation?
What are the implications of climate change for restoration practices
and native seed selection?

Join us in Snowbird to discuss these questions, and so much more.

Rob Fiegener
Native Seed Network
Institute for Applied Ecology
541.753.3099 x201