[PCA] NEWS: Future iPhone app may identify trees from photos

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue May 5 07:00:44 CDT 2009

http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/04/future-iphone-app-may-identify-trees-from-photos/

May 4, 2009
Future iPhone app may identify trees from photos

Nature lovers are known for stopping to take way too many pictures. I once
got got completely lost in a rain forest, for example, when my group
crossed a river while I was snapping pics of flowers.

But, if technology has anything to do with it, such trigger-happy
photography could result in a boon of scientific information that will
help researchers study climate change and biodiversity loss.

See the link above for the full blog post.