[PCA] FR NOTICE: Narrowleaf Evening-primrose

megan haidet mahaidet at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 18:58:49 CDT 2009

To view the entire FR notice, visit: http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2009/June/Day-09/e13313.htm

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
[FWS-R6-ES-2009-0015; MO 922105 0083-B2]

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on
a Petition To List Oenothera acutissima (Narrowleaf Evening-primrose)
as Threatened or Endangered

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 90-day petition finding.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
90-day finding on a petition to list Oenothera acutissima (narrowleaf
evening-primrose) as threatened or endangered under the Endangered
Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act). We find that the petition does
not present substantial scientific or commercial information indicating
that listing O. acutissima may be warranted. Therefore, we will not
initiate a further status review in response to this petition. We ask
the public to submit to us any new information that becomes available
concerning the status of O. acutissima or threats to its habitat at any
time. This information will help us monitor and encourage the
conservation of the species.