[PCA] FR NOTICE: Critical habitat proposed designation for Woolly Meadowfoam and Cook's Lomatium

megan haidet mahaidet at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 20:39:31 CDT 2009

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Proposed Designation of
Critical Habitat for Limnanthes floccosa ssp. grandiflora
(Large-Flowered Woolly Meadowfoam) and Lomatium cookii (Cook's Lomatium)

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
RIN 1018-AW21
[Docket No. FWS-R1-ES-2009-0046] [92210 1117-0000-B4]

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), propose to
designate critical habitat for two plants, Limnanthes floccosa ssp.
grandiflora (large-flowered woolly meadowfoam) and Lomatium cookii
(Cook's lomatium) under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended
(Act). We are proposing to designate 2,561 hectares (ha) (6,327 acres
(ac)) as critical habitat for Limnanthes floccosa ssp. grandiflora in
Jackson County, Oregon, and 2,875 ha (7,104 ac) as critical habitat for
Lomatium cookii in Jackson and Josephine Counties, Oregon. The total
critical habitat area proposed in this rule, including critical habitat
units that overlap for the two species, is 4,467 ha (11,038 ac).

DATES: To provide us with adequate time to consider your comments,
please ensure that we receive them on or before September 28, 2009. We
must receive requests for public hearings, in writing, at the address
shown in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section by September 11, 2009.

To view the full FR Notice, please visit: http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2009/July/Day-28/e17522.htm