[PCA] Designation of Critical Habitat for San Diego thornmint

megan haidet mahaidet at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 12:25:59 CDT 2008

To view the entire Federal Register notice, visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2008/May/Day-13/e10499.htm

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
[FWS-R8-ES-2007-0007; 92210-1117-0000-B4]
RIN 1018-AU86

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants;
Designation of Critical Habitat for Acanthomintha
ilicifolia (San Diego thornmint)

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Proposed rule; reopening of public comment
period and revisions to proposed critical habitat
boundaries.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
(Service), announce the reopening of the comment
period on the proposed designation of critical
habitat for Acanthomintha ilicifolia (San Diego
thornmint) under the Endangered Species Act of 1973,
as amended (Act). We are reopening the
comment period because of new information we received
following the close of the last public comment period
on this proposed action. This new information leads us
to propose revised boundaries for Subunit 1A
and to update the areas we are proposing for exclusion
from the final designation. The reopened comment
period will provide the public; Federal, State, and
local agencies; and Tribes with an additional
opportunity to submit comments on the original
proposed rule and the revisions proposed in this
document. Comments previously submitted on
the proposed critical habitat designation for A.
ilicifolia need not be resubmitted as they have
already been incorporated into the public
record and will be fully considered in any final
decision.

DATES: We will consider comments and information
received or postmarked on or before June 12, 2008.