[PCA] WEB: FWS Pollinator Powerpoint available

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Jun 12 14:58:00 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
June 22 - 28 is National Pollinator Week

Over 75% of flowering plants are pollinated by animals, and many of our
fruits and vegetables require animal pollinators or are enhanced by
pollinators. Pollinator Week was established in 2007 to recognize the
contributions of these important animals. In celebration of Pollinator
Week, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service would like to encourage groups to
get outdoors and discover our native pollinators. The PowerPoint
presentation, The Birds and the Bees and . . .The Beetles? Why we should
care about pollinators, posted at:

http://www.fws.gov/pollinators

provides an introduction to pollinators. We encourage refuges, nature
centers, scouts, 4-H, and other leaders to download this presentation or
view it from the web and use it as an introduction to local observation of
pollinators. Visit our website, again, during pollinator week when we will
be posting special podcasts on pollinators in cooperation with U.S.
Geological Survey, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management.