[PCA] Fw: (ES) Fish and Wildlife Administrator - Hadley, Massachusetts

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed Jul 9 08:29:06 CDT 2008

This is open to FWS employees only, but I thought I'd send it over the
list anyway...

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Wendi Weber/R5/FWS/DOI on 07/08/2008 04:12 PM -----

Michael Thabault/R5/FWS/DOI
07/08/2008 02:44 PM

Alex Hoar/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Anne Hecht/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Carol
Pollio/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Christine Guimond/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Cindy
Cooke/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Darrell Weldon/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Diane
Lynch/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Ellen Donnelly/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Glenn S
Smith/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, H Bergquist/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Heather
Bell/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Henry Chang/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Jeff
Underwood/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, John Swords/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Kathleen
King/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Krishna Gifford/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Laureen
Thomas/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Lorraine Fox/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Marjorie
Snyder/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Mark Bellis/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Martin
Miller/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Mary Parkin/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Michael
Thabault/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Ralph Tiner/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Robert
Foley/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Robin Heubel/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Steve
Hill/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Tim Fannin/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Dave
Densmore/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, David Stilwell/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Eric
Davis/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Gregory Breese/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Karen
Mayne/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Lori Nordstrom/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Roberta
Hylton/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Sharon Marino/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Stewart
Fefer/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Tom Chapman/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Leopoldo
Miranda/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Dawn Comish/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Donna
Taney/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Hector Ruiz/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Jaime
Geiger/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Karen Gallant/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Kathleen
King/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Keyna Welenc/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Kyla
Hastie/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Leslie Smith/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Lori
Mendoza/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Marci Caplis/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Marvin
Moriarty/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Michael Thabault/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Rick O
Bennett/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Sabina Dame/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Sal
Amato/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Sherry Morgan/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Tom
Healy/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Tony Leger/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Wendi
Weber/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Noreen Walsh/R4/FWS/DOI at FWS, Lynn M
Lewis/R3/FWS/DOI at FWS, Mike Stempel/R6/FWS/DOI at FWS, Julie
Lyke/R6/FWS/DOI at FWS, Elizabeth Oms/RO/R2/FWS/DOI at FWS, Brian A
Millsap/RO/R2/FWS/DOI at FWS, Michael Fris/SAC/R1/FWS/DOI at FWS, Vicki
Campbell/SAC/R1/FWS/DOI at FWS, Theresa Rabot/RO/R1/FWS/DOI at FWS, LaVerne
Smith/R7/FWS/DOI at FWS, Gary D Frazer/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI at FWS, Bryan
Arroyo/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI at FWS, Jeff Underwood/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Gloria
Bell/R4/FWS/DOI at FWS, Dave Medaris/NCTC/R9/FWS/DOI at FWS
cc

Subject
Fw: (ES) Fish and Wildlife Administrator, GS-0480-14, FWS5-08-044

To all, attached below is the recruitment announcement for the Deputy
ARD-ES in R5.  I am looking for a competent leader that is a creative,
strategic thinking, team building, problem solving, budget capable with
political savvy.  Not asking for much but these do come from the Service's
leadership competency development model.

We have a great program in R5 with a capable and motivated staff. Although
maybe not the most controversial region in the Service we have our share
of challenges from the emerging wildlife health issue in bats know as
white nose syndrome, to one of the largest NRDA programs in the country, a
diversity of T&E issues, and a strong Project Planning base.  This
position is responsible for supervising virtually the entire FHC staff
side of ES in the Regional Office and is responsible for the daily
operation of the RO.  This position works in tandem with the Field
Operations Supervisor who supervises almost all of the field stations.

Hadley, in the beautiful Connecticut River Valley of western
Massachusetts, has a mix of rural flavor and easy access to big city
amenities.  You will find here a reverence for history, a passion for
participatory government, and a strong belief in the need for natural
resource conservation.  Nearby Northampton is one of the best arts
communities in the country.  Nationally known performers showcase their
talents in area venues.  Literary giants Emily Dickinson and Robert Frost
were home here, as are contemporary authors, entertainers and musicians.
 Five prestigious colleges and several community colleges are close.  We
have a partnership with the University of Massachusetts, whose buildings
are visible from our office.  The 200-employee regional office is in a
GSA-leased building built in 1992 and now being refurbished.  You may see
deer, turkeys, red-tailed hawks, great blue herons and the occasional
bobcat from your office window.  A 9-mile-long bike path perfect for
lunchtime runs or commuting is within walking distance.  Hadley is less
than 2 hours? drive from great downhill skiing.  The Connecticut River and
many smaller rivers and lakes have boating and fishing.  In the summer,
farm stands offer asparagus (nicknamed Hadley grass), sweet corn and other
vegetables.  You can visit orchards and even pick your own apples.
Housing is a mix of newer and older homes ranging from urban condo living
to rural farms, all within a half hour?s drive of the regional office.
New York City is 3 hours to the south, and Hadley is mid-way between
Boston and Albany, both less than 2 hours away.

Please pass along and encourage qualified applicants to apply.  Thanks
Have people call me if they have questions.

Michael G. Thabault
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
413-253-8304
michael_thabault at fws.gov
----- Forwarded by Michael Thabault/R5/FWS/DOI on 07/08/2008 01:20 PM
-----

Mindy Rivera/R5/FWS/DOI
07/08/2008 12:45 PM

Carol Pollio/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Michael Thabault/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS
cc
Carolyn Mach/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, Hector Ruiz/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS, George
Cortes/R5/FWS/DOI at FWS
Subject
(ES) Fish and Wildlife Administrator, GS-0480-14, FWS5-08-044

Who May Be Considered:  Applications will be accepted from U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service Employees Only (current career or career-conditional
USFWS employees or former USFWS employees with reinstatement eligibility).

FISH AND WILDLIFE ADMINISTRATOR     FWS5-08-044

GS-0480-14                 FPL: GS-14
Northeast Regional Office                      Open: 07.08.08
Hadley, MA                                             Close: 07.29.08

Mindy Rivera
Human Resource Assistant
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
300 Westgate Center Drive