[PCA] NEWS: Citizens asked to keep eye on plants (BudBurst)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Feb 21 10:55:14 CST 2008

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/feb/19/citizens-asked-to-keep-eye-on-plants/

Citizens asked to keep eye on plants
Researchers to track climate's effects on flora
By Steve Graff For the Camera
Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Scientists are asking people to keep an eye on their gardens to help track
climate change.

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/citizen_science/budburst

Last week, Boulder's University Corp. for Atmospheric Research began
Project BudBurst, a nationwide initiative that has "citizen scientists"
monitoring their favorite patches of flowers so researchers can better
understand the climate's effect on plant life cycles.

"Climate change may be affecting our backyards and communities in ways
that we don't even notice," Sandra Henderson, of UCAR's Office of
Education and Outreach, said in a news release. "Project BudBurst is
designed to help both adults and children understand the changing
relationship among climate, seasons and plants, while giving the
participants the tools to communicate their observations to others."

See the link above for the full article text.