[PCA] Need info on std. template to profile life cycles of angiosperms, emphasis on reproductive dynamics

Wendi at Three Ravens Ranch wendi at 3ravensranch.com
Tue Dec 30 18:04:31 CST 2008

Bruce,

How would your project relate to the NRCS -NPDC PLANTS database?

The current plant characteristics displayed in the PLANTS database do
include some of the attributes you mention; native/introduced, vegetative
propagation, growth habit, etc.

Being an end user, I don't know exactly how information is gathered for the
database.

Some of the site is currently closed for updates. However, recently a "data
source and documentation link" has been added and there is a link to
recommend distribution updates.

We use the PLANTS database and NRCS plant technical notes frequently for
resource conservation projects and would appreciate any of the additional
information you mention for common agricultural/ resource conservation
species. Hopefully, the information could be added to an accessible database
like PLANTS database.

Please keep us updated on your project.

Thank you,

Wendi Lutz