[PCA] NEWS: Green Acres changes are bad for farming, conservation (MN)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Dec 3 10:14:12 CST 2008

http://www.dglobe.com/articles/index.cfm?id=16805&section=Opinion

Green Acres changes are bad for farming, conservation
Heidi Morlock, Belle Plaine, Worthington Daily Globe
Published Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Minnesota Legislature made changes last year to the Green Acres
program that are bad for farmers and bad for conservation. My family farm
in Scott County is in the Green Acres program. It is currently owned by my
mom. I live on the faun along with my husband and two children. Green
Acres allows us to pay taxes on the property as farmland and not the
development value. This has made it possible for us to keep the family
farm even as development in our area is dramatically driving up the price
of land around us.

See the link above for the full text of this opinion piece.