[PCA] [RWG] FIRE 07 Climate change Re: NEWS: Climate change likely to increase fires

penny at pinenut.com penny at pinenut.com
Mon Oct 15 10:03:50 CDT 2007

I would certainly like to see some work being done on the impact of deforestation in The Great Basin and climate change.

The pinon nut harvesters have been in those forests for 3 generations and longer. They tell me that they did not have to wait for rain from the Pacific in days gone by and that the forested mountains helped hold moisture in the region.
Penny Frazier