[PCA] CALL: Education Sessions, Field Sessions & Workshops for 2008 ASLA

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Nov 16 10:42:28 CST 2007

----- Forwarded Message -----

I am writing to ask you to help ASLA promote its Call for Proposals for
education sessions, field sessions, and workshops at the 2008 annual
meeting.  I hope you will forward my message to your staff and members who
may be interested in presenting and sharing their knowledge with the
landscape architecture profession.  Individuals are encouraged to submit
an online proposal before January 11, 2008.

The 2008 annual meeting will be held October 3-7 in Philadelphia and ASLA
is expecting another record-breaking attendance.  Since sustainability is
the number one concern of the landscape architecture profession, the
design and construction industry, the owner/manager/client base, and a
significantly growing concern of the general public at large, the 2008
meeting theme.Green Infrastructure: Linking Landscape and
Community.reflects the increased focus on sustainability among all
constituencies.

To submit education program proposals, go to
https://www.eshow2000.com/asla/2008/abstract_collection_form.cfm.

In addition to the joy of sharing valuable knowledge, education program
session speakers will receive a complimentary registration to the 2008
ASLA Annual Meeting & EXPO (over $500 value) and a one-night equivalent
discount ($250) on hotel expense at checkout (ASLA headquarters hotel stay
required).

I hope that you or a member of your staff will consider submitting a
proposal to enhance the educational element of the 2008 Annual Meeting &
EXPO.  For more information about the call for proposals guidelines, go to
https://www.eshow2000.com/asla/2008/abstract_collection_form.cfm.
Additionally, the ASLA web site . http://www.asla.org . is also a good
source of information on the profession and direction on topics that would
be most meaningful.

Thank you for your assistance in promoting our Call for Proposals.please
don't hesitate to let me know if we may return the favor.

Nancy C. Somerville
Executive Vice President/CEO

American Society of Landscape Architects * 636 Eye Street, NW *
Washington, DC 20001-3736 * 202-898-2444