[PCA] Seed Collector-Taxonomist Position with NYC Parks

Toth, Edward Edward.Toth at parks.nyc.gov
Wed Mar 21 15:39:08 CDT 2007

The Greenbelt Native Plant Center is a ten-acre native plant greenhouse, nursery and seed bank facility operated by the City of New York, Department of Parks & Recreation on Staten Island. The Center has ten years experience in native plant production and raises approximately 250 species native to the New York City region. New efforts are underway to expand our seed banking capacity and role as a regional seed resource. We currently have 1,750 accessions of seed representing 359 species. In 2006 we initiated a founder seed program to address the need for bulk seed products. Our mission is to contribute to local plant conservation by insuring the availability of indigenous plants from local populations for use in restoration and management efforts in New York City.

The GNPC has an opening for Head Seed Collector/Taxonomist, with overall responsibility for all seed collection and seed banking activities.

To view this posting and apply please visit: http://www.nycgovparks.org <http://www.nycgovparks.org/>  and click on "opportunities" then "employment", Vacancy #11667, "Seed Collector/Taxonomist". Application deadline is March 30, 2007.