[PCA] Fw: Vines Take Over Southern U.S. Forests - Global warming to blame, again! CLARIFICATION!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Jul 31 12:37:42 CDT 2007

I'm glad this posting is generating some discussion.  To clarify, my
intent is not to deny global warming or rising CO2 levels at all.  Rather,
I want to warn against disconnecting regular everyday people and regular
everyday issues/actions from the - the way regular people have been
removed from the equation when it comes to understanding modern medicine.
Otherwise, "global warming" will just turn into another buzzword like
"sustainability" and "partnerships" and then people will just begin to
ignore it.

Thanks,
-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>