[PCA] PCA: Lady Bird Johnson Dies at 94

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Jul 12 09:18:29 CDT 2007

Lady Bird Johnson was the first recipient of the Plant Conservation
Alliance's (then the Native Plant Conservation Initiative) Lifetime
Achievement Award which was presented in January 1999 for her work to
bring conservation to the forefront of the American public.

We will be adding a section to our webiste about the various PCA Award
winners, including Lady Bird, that have been given out over the past few
years, please watch for the announcement when it's up.

For more information about Lady Bird Johnson's life & achievements, go to
http://www.ladybirdjohnsontribute.org/biography.htm  The second section
titled "Our Environmental First Lady: The Legacy of Lady Bird Johnson"
will be most interesting for all of you plant conservation folks.

This message has been cross-posted to all the PCA lists.

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/