[PCA] Cost of Producing Natives (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Jan 5 13:29:47 CST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:28:31 -0600
From:  <botresearchusa at academicplanet.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [PCA] Cost of Producing Natives

The members of the PCA list have made some valid points on both sides, however the cost factor is based on the production of plants by traditional methods eg. cuttings which must be rooted. I would encourage those of you who are looking to cut the per unit cost of either natives or exotics, to look into the utilization of biotechnology firms that can mass produce thousands of plants in a relatively short period at a fraction of the cost of those by traditional methods.
Regards,
J.N.Covanes
Director of Research
Botresearch USA