[PCA] FR Notice: 90-day finding on petition to list Astragalus debequaeus (DeBeque milkvetch)

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Thu Feb 15 08:40:51 CST 2007

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on
A Petition to List Astragalus debequaeus (DeBeque milkvetch) as
Threatened or Endangered

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 90-day petition finding.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
90-day finding on a petition to list Astragalus debequaeus (DeBeque
milkvetch) as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act
of 1973, as amended (Act). We find that the petition does not present
substantial scientific or commercial information indicating that
listing A. debequaeus may be warranted. Therefore, we will not be
initiating a further status review in response to this petition. We ask
the public to submit to us any new information that becomes available
concerning the status of A. debequaeus or threats to its habitat at any
time. This information will help us monitor and encourage the
conservation of the species.

DATES: The finding announced in this document was made on February 14,
2007. You may submit new information concerning this species for our
consideration at any time.

ADDRESSES: The complete supporting file for this finding is available
for public inspection, by appointment, during normal business hours at
the Western Colorado Field Office, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 764
Horizon Drive, Building B, Grand Junction, CO 81506. Submit new
information, materials, comments, or questions concerning this species
to us at the address above.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Allan R. Pfister, Field Supervisor,
Western Colorado Field Office (see ADDRESSES section) (telephone 970-
243-2778, extension 29; facsimile 970-245-6933). Persons who use a
telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal
Information Relay Service (FIRS) at 800-877-8339.

To view the entire FR Notice visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2007/February/Day-14/e2445.htm