[PCA] April 22-FREE New England Wild Flower Society Earth Day

Debra Strick dstrick at newfs.org
Tue Apr 10 14:59:55 CDT 2007

Dear Olivia,

Perhaps sending you this email today will help make this late snow melt faster... Here at New England Wild Flower Society headquarters at Garden in the witchhazels are in bloom,  and we are looking forward to savoring the full parade of bloom with you during our 75th anniversary season.

 I hope you'll be able to let people know about the upcoming April 14-15 Garden Opening, the April 22nd FREE Earth Day (See full article below)  and the upcoming ART GOES WILD anniversary exhibition GRAND OPENING May 19.

ART GOES WILD exhibit and festival information is at http://www.newfs.org/artgoeswild/agwpress.html

With dozens of ART GOES WILD events coming, and hundreds of classes, trips, and workshops planned for Spring and summer, I'd like to make sure you're receiving only what may interest you, so please let me know if these fit your needs, or anything else I could send.

Enjoy the season - Deb

Contact:  Debra Strick, Marketing and PR Director

dstrick at newenglandWILD.org <mailto:dstrick at newenglandWILD.org>

508-877-7630x3501

Image contact:  Lisa Mattei at x3502 and lmattei at newenglandWILD.org <mailto:lmattei at newenglandWILD.org>

APRIL 2007 FREE EVENT

EARTH DAY LISTING

        SPECIAL FREE EVENTS:   New England Wild Flower Society's "Earth Day" is FREE Sunday, April 22 12:00- 4:00 p.m.  Don't miss a minute of spring at Garden in the Woods, with guided tours every half hour of the magnificent garden filled with newly emerging spring wildflowers and ferns. Meet MOTHER NATURE and learn to juggle as she does. Come early to get a seat at ANIMAL AMBASSADORS live animal shows, and Earth Day storytelling programs.  At noon learn the story of a beloved but despised dandelion with "The Teeth of the Lion" told by author Anita Sanchez.  Live animal programs "Jungle Creatures" at 1 pm and "Rain Forest Reptiles" at 2:30 pm feature exciting creatures including alligators, boa constrictors, chinchillas, and more!  Meet SANDY BEECH, the fabulous costumed tree character, sharing secrets about her life and previewing the exciting 75th anniversary of the Garden exhibition, "ART GOES WILD:  Innovation with Native Plants" opening May 19, 2007.  Listen to world music for the whole family by the HALALISA singers throughout the afternoon. Enjoy FREE face painting, and start your own native plant garden,  a wildflower seed planting activity,  with the help of friendly gardeners sharing earth-saving advice throughout the day.   Admission and programs are FREE; seats for shows are on a first-come basis.  RAIN OR SHINE. Garden in the Woods,  New England Wild Flower Society, 180 Hemenway Road, Framingham, MA. (508) 877-7630, www.newenglandWILD.org.

END.