[PCA] Roadside refugia of Utah, 273 more miles of the 1997 Megatransect

Harper-Lore, Bonnie Bonnie.Harper-Lore at fhwa.dot.gov
Thu Sep 28 09:52:54 CDT 2006

FYI:  The current transportation bill (SAFETEA-LU) passed in August of 2005.  It was 2-3 years late.
Another transportation bill will not occur until 2010.

In the meantime, SAFETA-LU did have a relevant paragraph in Section 6006, 329.
The Control of Noxious Weeds and the Establishment of Native Plants.
No new money, but it opens the door to the eligibility of these issues for use of federal-aid dollars.
In our guidance (interpretation of the bill) we listed five activities that are eligible for that use.
The #1 eligible activity is inventory/mapping of all right-of-way vegetation.
Just a little hope for this discussion.

Bonnie L. Harper-Lore
Restoration Ecologist
Office of Environment, HEPN-30