[PCA] Fw: [Pollinator] Roads and pollinators - again

Harper-Lore, Bonnie Bonnie.Harper-Lore at fhwa.dot.gov
Tue Sep 5 12:06:29 CDT 2006

Some states are already pursuing Corridor for Wildlife Programs.  Of
course, safety will always be a concern.

RESEARCH is needed on behalf of pollinators, nesting birds, and small
mammals that corridors can indeed accomodate.

The FHWA wants to do more research.....but we NEED YOUR HELP.

Please note the attached one page that explains.
Please take the 4 easy steps to registering your concerns and needs for
research on corridor stewardship.  Please remember
these corridors can be homes to endangered plant species as well as
natural community remnants when less mowing occurs.

I thank you and my Natural Environment Team thanks you.  We NEED public
input to get research funding.  Good luck to us all!!!

Bonnie

Bonnie L. Harper-Lore

Restoration Ecologist

Office of Environment, HEPN-30