[PCA] FR Notice: Suisun thistle and Soft bird's-beak Designation of Critical Habitat

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Tue Nov 21 12:41:19 CST 2006

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Designation of
Critical Habitat for the Cirsium hydrophilum var. hydrophilum (Suisun
thistle) and Cordylanthus mollis ssp. mollis (soft bird's-beak)

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Proposed rule; reopening of comment period, notice of
availability of draft economic analysis, and amended Required
Determinations.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce the
reopening of the comment period on the proposed designation of critical
habitat for two tidal marsh plants: Cirsium hydrophilum var.
hydrophilum (Suisun thistle) and Cordylanthus mollis ssp. mollis (soft
bird's-beak). We also announce the availability of the draft economic
analysis for the proposed critical habitat designation and an amended
Required Determinations section of the proposal. The draft economic
analysis identifies potential costs will be $1.6 million in
undiscounted dollars over a 20-year period as a result of the proposed
designation of critical habitat, including those costs coextensive with
listing and recovery. Discounted future costs are estimated to be $1.4
million over 20 years ($95,002 annually) at a 3 percent discount rate,
or $1.2 million over 20 years ($116,722 annually) at a 7 percent
discount rate. The amended Required Determinations section provides our
determination concerning compliance with applicable statutes and
Executive Orders that we have deferred until the information from the
draft economic analysis of this proposal was available. We are
reopening the comment period to allow all interested parties to comment
simultaneously on the proposed rule, the associated draft economic
analysis, and the amended Required Determinations section.

DATES: We will accept public comments until December 20, 2006.

ADDRESSES: Written comments and materials may be submitted to us by any
one of the following methods:
(1) E-mail: You may send comments by electronic mail (e-mail) to: <A
HREF="mailto:
suisunplantsCH at fws.gov">
suisunplantsCH at fws.gov</A>. For directions on how to file comments
electronically, see the ``Public Comments Solicited'' section.
(2) Mail or hand delivery: You may submit written comments and
information to the Field Supervisor, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service,
2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-2605, Sacramento, CA 95825.
(3) Facsimile: You may fax your comments to 916-414-6712.
(4) Federal eRulemaking Portal: <A
HREF="http://www.regulations.gov">http://www.regulations.gov</A>. Follow
the instructions for submitting comments.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Arnold Roessler, Sacramento Fish and
Wildlife Office, at the address listed in ADDRESSES (telephone 916-414-
6600; facsimile 916-414-6712). Persons who use a telecommunications
device for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay
Service (FIRS) at 800-877-8339.

For additional infomation visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2006/November/Day-20/e19572.htm.