[PCA] 20th Annual Lahr Symposium & Plant Sale

Lindsay Hicks hicksl at usna.ars.usda.gov
Fri Mar 3 10:57:39 CST 2006

20th Annual Lahr Symposium
Native Plants: Cultivating a Sustainable Future
March 25, 8:30am-3:30pm
U. S. National Arboretum, Administration Building Auditorium
3501 New York Ave. NE
Washington, DC    20002

Continuing in the 20-year tradition of the Lahr Symposium, this
year’s program brings together thought provoking topics concerning
the natural world and our human attempts to be a positive presence in
nature’s garden. The day’s speakers will address our understanding
of what is—and is not—native; the conditions under which natural
diversity flourishes; and how our personal landscapes can be transformed
from mere ornamental spaces to be become genuine environmental assets.
Symposium participants can shop early—8-10am—at the Native Plant
Sale. For program brochure, fees, and symposium registration form, call
202-245-5898 or visit www.usna.usda.gov .

Native Plant Sale
March 25, 10:00am-2:00pm
U.S. National Arboretum
Plant Sales Area across street from National Bonsai & Penjing Museum

The best native plant nurseries of the region gather here to offer you
a wide selection of nursery-propagated native wildflowers, trees,
shrubs, and more at this annual sale. A portion of the proceeds supports
the arboretum’s Native Plant Collection. This event is sponsored by
the Friends of the National Arboretum. Free. No registration required.