[PCA] FR Notice: 90-day finding to delist Sacremento Mountain Thistle

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Mon Dec 11 09:02:23 CST 2006

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on
a Petition To Delist the Sacramento Mountains Thistle (Cirsium
vinaceum) and Initiation of 5-Year Status Review

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 90-day petition finding and initiation of 5-year
status review.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
90-day finding on a petition to remove the threatened Sacramento
Mountains thistle (Cirsium vinaceum) (thistle) from the Federal List of
Threatened and Endangered Plants, under the Endangered Species Act of
1973, as amended (Act). We find the petition does not present
substantial information indicating that delisting of the thistle may be
warranted. Therefore, we will not initiate a further 12-month status
review in response to this petition under section 4(b)(3)(B) of the
Act. However, we are initiating a 5-year review of this species under
section 4(c)(2)(A) of the Act to consider information that has become
available since we listed the species as threatened on June 16, 1987
(52 FR 22933). This will provide the public an opportunity to submit
new information on the status of the species. We invite all interested
parties to submit comments or information regarding this species.

DATES: The finding in this document was made on December 5, 2006. To be
considered in the 5-year review, comments and information should be
submitted to us (see ADDRESSES section) on or before March 5, 2007.
However, we will continue to accept new information about any listed
species at any time.

ADDRESSES: Data, comments, information, or questions concerning this
petition finding and 5-year review should be submitted to the Field
Supervisor, New Mexico Ecological Services Field Office, 2105 Osuna
Road NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113. You may send your comments by
electronic mail (e-mail) directly to the Service at <A HREF="mailto:
thistlecomments at fws.gov">
thistlecomments at fws.gov</A>. The petition, supporting data, and comments

will be made available for public inspection, by appointment, during
normal business hours at the above address.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Field Supervisor, New Mexico
Ecological Services Field Office (see ADDRESSES above) (telephone 505-
346-2525, facsimile 505-346-2542).

To view the entire FR notice, visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2006/December/Day-05/e20317.htm