[PCA] Fw: [Pollinator] Roads and pollinators - again

Bill Stringer bstrngr at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Aug 31 10:24:38 CDT 2006

I am regularly frustrated by the poor timing exercised by the folks
in charge of mowing roadsides.  It seems when the blooming maxes, or
the native grasses are peaking, or seeds are maturing, along come the mowers.

This probably represents an opportunity for us conservation types to
do good, by providing information and training about the best times
and frequencies of mowing, and recognition of important native species.

Thanx

Bill Stringer
Sometimes Roadside Weeper