[PCA] FUNDING: OCI orchid conservation grant(s)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Nov 30 10:30:02 CST 2005

ORCHID CONSERVATION INTERNATIONAL
GRANTS 2006

Orchid Conservation International is pleased to announce that it is
offering grants for projects directly related to orchid conservation. We
will either provide a single grant of £5000, or make several smaller
awards, depending on the projects submitted.

What will we fund?

Although the following list is not exhaustive, it gives an indication of
the types of projects that we will consider for funding.

- Establishing and maintaining organizations and management practices that
protect orchids and their habitats.
- Studies of wild orchid populations
- Propagation techniques
- Educational projects

At present we are not able to fund

- Attendance at conferences
- Course fees
- Overheads
- Taxonomic projects, unless they have a direct conservation implication

Applications procedure

Further details can be obtained from Philip Seaton (info below). Before
submitting a final application you may find it useful to discuss your
proposal with him.

Deadline for submissions

The deadline for submissions for grants for 2006 is 30th April, 2006.

We expect to notify applicants of the outcome of their applications by
31st July, 2006.

Inquiries and applications should be mailed to:

Philip Seaton
Secretary - Orchid Conservation International
52 Shrubbery Street
Kidderminster
Worcs., DY10 2QY
Telephone: +44 (0)1562 742212
UK e-mail: philip at seatonorchids.freeserve.co.uk

Orchid Conservation International Ltd. is a Registered Charity
(No.1107354)