[PCA] EVENT: Salvage Camas 6/18 O-P (Frederickson, WA)

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue May 24 10:50:54 CDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:51:24 -0700
From: Anna Thurston <a.thurston at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Post or Pass along... Salvage Camas 6/18 O-P

Can You Dig It??

The Pierce County Native Plant Salvage Program NEEDS YOUR HELP...

On Saturday June 18, from 9:00 until noon, the Pierce County
Native Plant salvage program will be in the Frederickson
neighborhood to collect seed and dig camas bulbs and other native
plants for use at the new Pierce Conservation District Education
Center in South Prairie.  Plants can also be collected during the
last hour for home use and for use to beautify the Boeing
facility.

This is a great way to save plants from the bulldozer while we
work together to maintain our NW sense of place! You'll also
learn about salmon and good gardening too.  Kids are invited to
participate if they have an adult joining them.  You'll want to
wear pants, long sleeves and rain gear, plus bring transport
boxes for any plants you take home. We'll supply water, juice,
and snacks, plus shovels, scissors, and gloves.

To sign up and get location, please contact Anna Thurston at
253-566-3342 or send e-mail to a.thurston at worldnet.att.net.

Anna Thurston - Interim Facilitator
Pierce County Native Plant Salvage Program
253-566-3342 h // c 253-988-7842
a.thurston at worldnet.att.net