[PCA] Pollinator: Butterfly course

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Dec 16 11:35:36 CST 2005

From: Kimberly Winter <nappcoordinator at hotmail.com>

              THE BUTTERFLY COURSE IS NOW ENDANGERED!

Current numbers for the Techniques for Butterfly Conservation & Management
course do not meet the AZA Board of Regents' minimum requirements.  If we
don't meet our registration targets by January 15th, we'll have to cancel
the course.  We'd hate to have to do that, so please consider signing up
today.

The course is scheduled for 24-26 April 2006 at the McGuire Center for
Lepidoptera & Biodiversity in Gainesville, FL.  Course topics will include
natural history and identification, captive propagation, host plant care &
needs, field/lab research techniques, permitting/recovery planning basics,
population monitoring, habitat restoration, butterfly exhibitry, education
and outreach, partnership building and more.

Course participants will include federal and state wildlife biologists,
university researchers, zoo/aquarium/nature center staff and volunteers,
and other individuals interested in butterfly recovery and conservation.

Instructors include Dr. Tom Emmel (UFL), Dr. Jaret Daniels (UFL), Mark
Deering (Butterfly House), Mitch Magdich (Toledo Zoo), Erin Sullivan
(Woodland Park Zoo), Dr. Peter Tolson (Toledo Zoo), and Ruth Allard (AZA).

For more details (including costs and travel info) and/or to register for
this course, please visit www.aza.org/prodev/ButterflyCon/ or contact AZA
Training Administrator Geri Noland at azatraining at aza.org or 301-562-0777
x238.