[PCA] Internet Disconnection at Various DOI Agencies

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Mar 16 15:00:55 CST 2004

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, due to the ongoing lawsuit concerning Indian trust
issues, several Department of the Interior agencies have been
disconnected from the internet.  This includes the Inspector General's
Office, the Minerals Management Service, the Bureau of Land Management,
the Bureau of Reclamation, the Fish and Wildlife Service, the Office of
the Special Trustee, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the Office of Surface
Mining, and the National Business Center.  If I hear anything about the
various agencies getting reconnected, I'll let you know.

In the interim, if you need to communicate with people in those agencies,
don't use e-mail because they won't receive it! (Depending on how
long the disconnection lasts, any e-mail sent during this period
will probably just get lost in space.)  Phones, mail and faxes still work
fine.  Here's an article talking about the internet disconnection:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61546-2004Mar15.html

The National Park Service, US Geological Survey, emergency systems, and
the DOI budget office will remain connected to the internet, so the PCA
website still works.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Olivia
SER/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/