[PCA] native plants for cities, stormwater management

Bill Stringer bstrngr at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Dec 9 12:31:57 CST 2004

I don't know which native species Fred was referring to, but far greater
hazard to the whole ecosystem can derive from the introduction of
non-native species into wetland or any other habitats.  I would suggest you
do a lot of reading and talking before you even consider introducing
non-native plants into this or any other application.

Non-native problem plants in wetlands include water hyacinth, purple
loosestrife, and many others.

Also
read
<file://C:\Eudora\Attach\NativeVegetationInsectsTallamyConservBiol2004.pdf>NativeVegetationInsectsTallamyConservBiol2004.pdf

Bill Stringer

William C. Stringer
Forage Agronomist &
Native Plant Enthusiast