[MPWG] Medicinal black locust?

msch at fastmail.com msch at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:22:48 CDT 2020

Hi All,

Patricia's message about slippery elm made me think of one of my favorite trees, black locust.

The wood of black locust resists decay for many years. It has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. In light of the spread of antibiotic resistance, I wonder how thoroughly this species is being researched as a source of antibacterial compounds.
Does anyone on this list know of any such research into the medicinal properties of black locust? We should encourage such research.

Best,
Mike Schenk

msch at fastmail.com