[MPWG] Fwd: Priority areas for plant conservation in the US?

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Jan 7 08:27:22 CST 2020

Apologies for cross-posting. Sharing this question that was posted to the
main native plants list. If you have information please respond directly to
him at: Bruce_Young at natureserve.org

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a paper that describes areas with concentrations of
unprotected, range-restricted species in the conterminous US states. The
analysis includes both animals and plants. I’d like to compare our results
to those of previous studies. I can identify several studies of priority
conservation areas that include a variety of animal groups, but
surprisingly couldn’t find any paper describing priority areas for plant
conservation in a quick google scholar search. There must be such studies
out there. Can anyone point me to them?

Thanks!

Best,

Bruce

Bruce E. Young, Ph.D

Chief Zoologist and Senior Conservation Scientist

NatureServe

+1-703-908-1805