[MPWG] CONFERENCE Save the Date: Bottomland Hardwood Learning Exchange; November 6-7, 2019 (Baton Rouge, LA)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Sep 23 09:26:07 CDT 2019

What will you learn?
Bringing together forest landowners and resource professionals from across
the South to understand wildlife forestry practices in the Lower
Mississippi Alluvial Valley. An emphasis will be placed on how robust
forest product markets, low-impact harvesting equipment, and selection
system silviculture can play an integral role in meeting wildlife habitat
improvement goals for forest interior birds. We will also focus on
connecting family forest landowners to available resources to better
steward their woodland. Through this event we hope to improve the
management and conservation of bottomland forests across the South and
illustrate opportunities to meet diverse social values.

Preliminary Schedule: The event will include a ½-day indoor session of
presentations and discussions, followed by a full 1-day field tour to state
and private lands.

   - November 6: 11:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. with optional social and provided
   dinner from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
   - November 7 Field Tour: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Download agenda:
https://foreststewardsguild.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/LMAVLExAgenda2019.pdf

Fee: $25 (includes some meals)

Details & Registration:
https://foreststewardsguild.org/event/bottomland-hardwood-learning-exchange/

Hosted by:
Forest Stewards Guild in partnership with the Louisiana Department of
Wildlife & Fisheries, The Nature Conservancy, and the USDA Natural
Resources Conservation Service

Forest Stewards Guild website: https://foreststewardsguild.org/