[MPWG] FWD: Happy FairWild Week!

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Jun 24 09:51:43 CDT 2019

This week is FairWild Week
<https://fairwild.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4292eeb161b56fb60faea4d58&id=8e3f0f3503&e=68253a6e90>!
Explore
the role of wild plants in your life and what you can do to be part of a
sustainable future for people and wild plants!
https://mailchi.mp/8fb274b81d86/why-care-about-wild-plants-3473897?e=68253a6e90

WHY CARE ABOUT WILD PLANTS?

We wouldn’t be here without wild plants. We wouldn’t have the medicines,
the cosmetics, the health products, the furniture, food, drink or spices we
all enjoy without wild plants. Without wild plants and the ingredients they
provide the landscape of human existence would look very different.

This week, FairWild and partners will be showcasing the bold new future
FairWild is helping to build for plants and people around the world, and
showing how transforming the industry is a win-win for wildlife,
communities, consumers, and companies alike.

Get involved!  - Search #FairWildWeek

BUSINESSES AND CONSUMERS HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY!

·         What businesses can do: https://www.fairwild.org/what-we-offer

·         What consumers can do: https://www.fairwild.org/ifoundwild

LEARN MORE ABOUT FAIRWILD
FairWild <https://www.fairwild.org/>'s mission is to enable transformation
of resource management and business practices to be ecologically, socially
and economically sustainable throughout the supply chain of wild-collected
products. These include plants, fungi and lichen – wild resources under
enormous pressure worldwide.

·          Check out the relaunched New FairWild website!: fairwild.org

·         Watch FairWild – the movie <http://www.fairwild.org/> & The Wild
is Closer than You Think <https://youtu.be/5D-dvOBatws>

·         Meet the wild plants in our everyday lives: http://www.fairwild
.org/fairwild-week/