[MPWG] Fwd: Why care about wild plants? Celebrate FAIRWILD Week 2019: June 24

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu Jun 6 09:06:58 CDT 2019

WHY CARE ABOUT WILD PLANTS?

Whether you're a business or consumer, that's the question we're answering
this #FairWildWeek.

With climate change, species loss, and sustainable development all hitting
the headlines in a big way recently, we want to make sure that the issue of
protecting wild plants and the people who collect them isn't left behind.

BUSINESSES AND CONSUMERS HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY!

·         What businesses can do:
https://mailchi.mp/545aac79217e/fairwild-week-business

·         What consumers can do:
https://mailchi.mp/21ec70e1ed4d/fairwild-week-consumers

Starting June 24, we'll be sharing success stories about sustainable wild
plant harvesting and showing you how you or your business can be part of a
sustainable future for wild plants. Get involved with the action on our
social accounts for the latest videos, stories and more.

PARTICIPATE IN FAIRWILD WEEK

·         Take part in FairWild Week: Contact marcus.cornthwaite at traffic.org
<marcus.cornthwaite at traffic.org?subject=FairWild%20Week%202019> for
information

·         Share the FairWild Week Flyer:
https://mailchi.mp/ff26cebf4d53/why-care-about-wild-plants?e=68253a6e90

·         Check out the relaunched New FairWild on June 21st: fairwild.org

·         Search #FairWildWeek the week of June 24

FairWild and our partners will be showcasing the bold new future FairWild
is helping to build for plants and people around the world, and showing how
transforming the industry is a win-win for wildlife, communities,
consumers, and companies alike.

LEARN MORE ABOUT FAIRWILD

·         Watch FairWild – the movie <http://www.fairwild.org/>

·         Meet the wild plants in our everyday lives:
http://www.fairwild.org/fairwild-week/

*Copyright © 2019 FairWild Foundation, All rights reserved.*
FairWild Foundation
c/o TRAFFIC International
The David Attenborough Building, Pembroke Street,
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB2 3QZ
United Kingdom