[MPWG] CITES and trade in orchids

Emanuela Appetiti emanuela at medicaltraditions.org
Fri Jan 26 18:36:02 CST 2018

	Dear Anne,

	I think I can be of help. I am a member of the LI GROUP
PHYTOCOSMETICS [1] and last year I was in the organizing committee of
an international conference on Phytocosmetics and Phytotherapy, which
took place in Greece. In that context, I have co-organized a session
on history of Cosmetics in the ancient Mediterranean and after then I
have been involved in other events organized by the same group. This
has given me the opportunity to meet with a lot of people from all
over the world working and researching in the production of personal
care products, fragrance, and cosmetics, included R&D of big companies
like L'Oreal or Estee Lauder (for the sake of clarity, I am not in
this business). Frankly, I have no idea of their use of orchids, but
I'll be pleased to send you the contacts so that you can talk directly
to them and ask them to take the survey.

	Today is quite a busy day, but I'll do it tomorrow. I hope this
helps.

Thanks and warmest wishes,

Emanuela

Emanuela Appetiti, President & CEO
_INSTITUTE FOR THE PRESERVATION OF MEDICAL TRADITIONS [2]_
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK! [3]