[MPWG] Ginseng Garden in Arkansas opening May 2017

Madison Woods madison at wildozark.com
Wed Jan 11 13:29:55 CST 2017

Hi,

I’d like to share a post about the American ginseng garden we’re working on at Wild Ozark in northwest Arkansas. The goal is to teach about the habitat and encourage wild-simulated planting, and conserving or re-establishing habitats, but not necessarily forest farming. I’m planning to open by appointment only for now, but it will be available to the public at no cost. We have one other sanctuary that we installed with the help of a grant from United Plant Savers, but it is in a public botanical garden setting (Compton Gardens in Bentonville, AR). This one is a natural wild habitat which was once destroyed by logging that’s now suitable again after years of regrowth. I’ve enhanced it with trails and replanted ginseng and the companion plants back to it, and will be adding signs/labels for the plants. My hope is that education will help people realize the fragility of this type of ecosystem and motivate more conservation/preservation mindedness even among those who want to grow it for future wild-simulated root harvests.

https://www.wildozark.com/ginseng-garden-open-to-public/

Madison Woods

 <https://www.wildozark.com/> Wild Ozark – Reconnect to Nature

https://www.wildozark.com <https://www.wildozark.com/>