[MPWG] Ginseng Digging and Conservation on Cool Green Science

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Wed Jul 13 06:50:00 CDT 2016

Forwarding this message that was posted to the PCA listserve.

Hi,

I work with the Nature Conservancy’s Cool Green Science blog.

We have a post today by Hal Herring about American ginseng digging in
Appalachia past and present and the impact that the global market is having
on the conservation of this native plant:
http://blog.nature.org/science/2016/07/11/ginseng-digging-local-traditions-global-markets-appalachia-medicinal-plants/

I thought that many of you would be interested in this story. Let me know
if you have any questions. Thank you!

Cheers,
Lisa

“Stop, collaborate, and listen.” ~ Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle)

Lisa Feldkamp

Science Communications

The Nature Conservancy

lfeldkamp at tnc.org