[MPWG] Fwd: IUCN World Conservation Congress Forum, Sept. 1-10, 2016 - Hawaiʻi - CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS OPEN UNTIL Oct 15

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Jun 16 09:24:40 CDT 2015

This year's theme is "Planet at the crossroads," and a  series of criteria
will be used to select the proposals that will make it to the final
Congress programme, including:

·         The relevance of the proposal to the Congress Theme
<http://iucnworldconservationcongress.org/sites/default/files/content/documents/congress_theme_final.pdf>
and
to the draft IUCN Programme 2017-2020
<https://portals.iucn.org/union/sites/union/files/doc/iucn_programme_2017-2020_draft_04_06_15_for_consultation_0.pdf>
;

·         The relevance of the proposal to the overall Congress objectives
<http://iucnworldconservationcongress.org/sites/default/files/content/documents/congress_objectives_final_for_publication.pdf>
;

·         Its contribution to one or more of the overall Forum targets: to
showcase that conservation works, to promote interaction and participation,
to catalyze new actions and transformative initiatives (higher ranking if
the latter);

·         Contribution to international conservation debates (SDG; CBD;
UNFCCC, etc.);

·         The different perspectives and positions on the topic addressed
during the session; or

·         The broad scope of stakeholders (including from a gender and an
intergenerational perspective) associated with the topic.

See email below for submissions process.

MORE ABOUT THE CONGRESS:
Considered the world’s largest conservation event, this meeting brings
together leaders from government, the public sector, non-governmental
organizations, business, UN agencies and indigenous and grass-roots
organizations to discuss and decide on solutions to the world’s most
pressing environment and development challenges.

The IUCN World Conservation Congress has been held every 2-4 years since
1948 and this is the first one to be hosted by the United States!  "The
United States boasts 85 IUCN Member Organizations, eight of which are in
Hawaii. The country is also home to over 2,200 IUCN Commission members.
This will be the first time the World Conservation Congress will be hosted
by the USA, coinciding with the 100th anniversary of the United States
National Park Service."

The above info was excerpted from:
http://www.iucn.org/?14840/Hawaii-to-host-the-next-IUCN-World-Conservation-Congress
http://www.iucnworldconservationcongress.org/call-contributions/content/call-contributions