[MPWG] TV shows

rabiah rabiah_sol at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:35:51 CST 2014

There are several shows that are doing something in regard to the harvesting and poaching.  Hillbilly blood has done a couple of segments on it. One where they traded for a pound to trade for something else. Another more recent where a young man was trying to poach using his dog who could sniff out the plants. He was caught by the main characters  and it was confiscated. They had him use his dog to find more and made him do chores.
Another show I saw part of flipping Channels so I don't know the name right now  showed poachers and they came from Georgia into NC to dig. The locals were armed and shot out the guys tires.  Another one found some folks stash taken from his property and snuck in and out of the property with it.  He then said, he was willing to shoot any poachers that came on his land again.
Swamp people did a bit on it too and all the other Mt, swamp and bayou shows.
So it is the reality show trend is to put out  what they see as exciting with no thought as to its message or effect.