[MPWG] Fwd: Defining Species and Population Objectives at Landscape Scales: Update on Draft Technical Guidance on Selecting Surrogate Species for Design of Landscape Scale Conservation

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Sep 30 10:45:37 CDT 2013

I apologize for cross posting; this subject matter seems relevant to a
couple of the PCA listserves.

For those who are following the Fish and Wildlife Service's progress on
Surrogate Species draft technical
guidance<http://www.fws.gov/landscape-conservation/pdf/DraftTechnicalGuidanceJuly2012.pdf>,
which will establish biological outcomes at defined landscape scales,
please see below for a summary of comments and next steps in the
development of the guidance.

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs