[MPWG] Side Effects Search Engine...?

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Fri Nov 15 07:50:58 CST 2013

Does anyone know about this search engine on "eHealthMe" that allows you to
research side effects of drugs or drug mixes?  Apparently it's based on
"studying report from FDA and social media."  It touts itself as
"Healthcare big data for *ordinary *people.*"*

I happened across a report that seems to link taking garlic with sepsis -
although the information is really hard to understand and interpret.
http://www.ehealthme.com/print/ds17780887

A quick check and I see black cohosh (195 people reporting side effects,
including tooth disease?), bloodroot (0 side effects), goldenseal (4,
including miscarriage).

Curious if others have heard of this site.

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs