[MPWG] Video on Soc/Ecol Responsibility in the Botanical Industry

Ann Armbrecht a.armbrecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 11:53:59 CST 2013

Hi,

In light of the recent article and discussion about quality in the herb
industry, I thought I'd mention that we have posted this 8-minute piece
from the original version of Numen on the business of herbs on our site:
http://www.numenfilm.com/video.php

The clip ends with a brief overview of the creation of UpS - my favorite
line is Rosemary saying they would make a racket if a racket was what was
needed...

We removed this from the newly edited version of the film because the
issues are far too complex to cover in an 8-minute segment of a longer film
and because the industry is changing so fast. This footage was taken, for
example, before the sale of New Chapter, and so it is dated. Nonetheless, I
think it does offer a good introduction/overview to consumers of the
questions they should be asking when they purchase botanical supplements
and hope that others find it of use.

Thanks,
Ann

--