[MPWG] Edible Weeds in the Urban Landscape Walk with a Medical Chemist on June 5th

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 16:42:56 CDT 2013

Greetings everyone,

Rain or shine, we meet next Wednesday. My apologies if you've received this
already, I have updates.
One, Yemana will be with us again for the walk and give her expertise as a
lover and wild plant foodie.
Stephani and I met with Jason, brew master and medical chemist of Roots
Brewery and walked the path
we are to take on June 5th.

*Action Plan:*
We'll start at Jasons home garden - 16 Spring St, just off of Chestnut St.
Those who sign up early will get directions and handouts on Monday evening,
June 3rd.

We'll then walk the side streets thru the library park on down thru Main
St., Oneonta
ending at the Brewery for a tour with Jason, have some wild eats and some
wild brews.
A Belgian one too.

*When I was on Main St. in Oneonta the other day ... :*
... on my way back to my car, I noticed two young men de-weeding the
planters on the side walks. I went over to them and said - 'hey guys, you're
doing too good of a job de-weeding the planters'. First they said, 'Thank
you' and then realized what I'd said. They were curious and so I started
talking about
the weeds they were pulling out. I've got to tell you all, they were
wanting to know more.
I asked them to leave a few weeds in the planters here and there.
I wonder if they will.

If you haven't contacted me yet about next weeks walk and you plan to come,
please do. We will take 30 persons and so far we have 19.
The press release goes out this this weekend.

Sincerely,
Jason, Stephani, Yemana and Marguerite

*PRESS RELEASE: *

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, Nurse, Herbalist and Jason Parish - Roots Brewery
Brew Master and Medical Chemist will give an edible plant identification
walk starting from Jason home garden, proceeding with a stroll back to
their brewery and identify 'weeds in the urban landscape'.

*The walk ends with a wild food and beer tasting and a tour of the brewery.
*

These classes are centered around www.letsgo.org healthy living concepts
and puts some of these tools into practice for the prevention and reversal
of child to adulthood obesity. Twenty percent of donations go towards a
class of this nature for a local middle school.

Class registration: 12:30. Walk starts at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m.
Suggested class donation: $15 per person, $12 for senior citizens or give
what you can. Contact - Marguerite to register: 607-278-9635 or
3moonsisters at gmail.com. <3moonsisters at gmail.com>

--

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. - Carl Jung

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower
Registered Nurse, Herbal Educator, Wild Foods Forager
Herbal Educational Services
Weeds, Leaves, Seeds & Shoots : Balance Your Budget – Steward the Land ™
226 Kelso Rd. / Sanders Lane
East Meredith, (Upstate) NY 13757
*(607) 278-9635*