[MPWG] Medicinal Rice Research in Asia

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 09:06:40 CDT 2013

Hi,

Fortunately I live and work in the region where Rice (Oryza
sativa) originated. There are thousands of Rice types in nature in this region
i.e. Chhattisgarh. In Rice Germplasm bank of Indira Gandhi Agricultural
University, Raipur there are over 23,000 types of Rice. As researcher in this
university in year 2000 I published a research note on use of Rice as Medicine.
Das, G. K., and P. Oudhia.
"Rice as a medicinal plant in Chhattisgarh, India."Plant Genetic Resources Newsletter 122
(2000).
Rice Publications by
Pankaj Oudhia – Google Scholar results
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=rice+oudhia&btnG=#
This reference has been widely quoted in all the
publications on Medicinal Rice around the world. Later I published many papers
on different aspects of Medicinal Rice but paper publication in journals has
its own limitations. It forced me to present the vast Traditional Medicinal
Knowledge about Medicinal Rice not only in Chhattisgarh but in different parts
of India and even neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal through online
publications.
At scribd.com, you can find research documents worth plus 500,000
pages on Medicinal Rice contributed by me. There are over 100,000 long (rather
complicated) Interactive Tables.
http://www.scribd.com/pankajoudhia
You can find over 5000 videos at Youtube related to my work
on Medicinal Rice.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pankajoudhia?feature=results_main
Over 300,000 pictures (out of over 1 million) of Medicinal
Rice Formulations are available through Flickr, UGA’s Discover life database,
Ecoport and other photo sharing sites.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pankajoudhia/
http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20p?see=I_PAO/0531

For disease specific information in Google search you can
find “Medicinal Rice Formulations in Materia Medica by Pankaj Oudhia.” There
are thousands of Rice based Medicinal Formulations for plus 30,000 symptoms of
over 100 common and complicated diseases.
Since year 1990 I am preparing Audio bank on Medicinal Rice,
based on the interactions with the farmers, Healers and other people associated
with Rice. The efforts are on to make this audio bank online.
Google Search for Pankaj Oudhia and Audio Bank Project
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Pankaj+Oudhia%22+%22audio+bank%22&num=100&hl=en&authuser=0&filter=0&biw=1024&bih=677
The work is still in progress.  You must be thinking about the sponsoring
agencies for this huge work. It is self funded project so far. I am trying to
establish International Medicinal Rice Research Institute (IMMRI) in India like
International Rice Research Institute, Philippines.

Keep visiting the links for updates.

Pankaj Oudhia