[MPWG] "Weeds, Leaves" - Pipeline Awareness

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:40:38 CDT 2012

Greetings on this balmy summer evening.

Another Weeds, Leaves, Seeds & Shoots class is happening. This time in
Cooperstown.

*There are only 10 places left.
Right now most are from Cooperstonw. Spread the word. We need new ears in
Cooperstown. Thank you.*

On Wednesday August 15th, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., a weed walk sponsored by
Ellen White Weir of Gold Petals (www.goldpetals.com) in Cooperstown will
take place. Guiding the walk will be Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, R.N. and
Herbalist dialoging on foraging and plant identification techniques, the
transforming wild foods landscape, and when applicable, traditional Root
Healer medicinal plant methods in use today by herbalists. Following the
walk there will be an update on the pipeline issue: What is it? Why do we
care? Do we stop it? and or, how do we stop it? with excerpts from Anne
Marie Garti’s work. Handouts will connect people to the right places where
one can connect to sign on, find out more, and get involved.

Later on in the afternoon at Gold Petals studio barn, a wild foods tasting
and a hands-on activity of preparing an herbal oil to a salve will be
demonstrated by Ellen. Those who choose can prepare one for themselves at a
nominal fee.

Suggested class donation: $15 a person. Proceeds to support LOCAL education
for people and organizations on the affects Hydrofracking and Pipeline
issues has on the health of our community. To pre-register call Marguerite
at - 607-278-9635 or email 3moonsisters at gmail.com to hold your place. An
additional $8.00 donation is suggested for Ellen.

Space is limited.

Sign up early.

* *

--

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. - Carl Jung

Part of 'holding space' for another is not to try to choose form, rather it
is to spend time considering its content and allow form to present itself.

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower
R.N., Herbalist, Reiki
Herbal Educational Services
226 Kelso Rd. / Sanders Lane