[MPWG] 13th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology / Deadline for Abstract Submission has been extended on 30th Aprıi,2012

Emanuela Appetiti ceo at medicaltraditions.org
Sun Apr 8 21:50:43 CDT 2012

I hope you will be interested in the information below, about the
13th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology, which
will be held in September 2012 in Graz, Austria.

Thanks and best,

Emanuela Appetiti

 [1]

ceo at medicaltraditions.org [2]

+1 202 633
0967

PO Box 7606
Washington, DC 20044-7606
USA

www.medicaltraditions.org [3]

 [4]

The 13th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology
will be organized in collaboration with the Society for Medicinal Plant
and Natural Product Research and Eurasia-Pacific Uninet. The congress
will be hosted by University of Graz, Institute of Pharmaceutical
Sciences, in Graz/Austria from September 2nd to 6th, 2012.

THIS IS TO
INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
UNTIL APRIL 30TH, 2012.

The congress we want to focus in particular on
the intercultural aspects of herbal medicine and its relevance in modern
societies. As one example, we want to discuss the relevance of the Silk
Road for the exchange of medicinal plants and medicinal knowledge
between east and west.

MAIN SCIENTIFIC TOPICS
· Intercultural
ethnopharmacology
· Ethnomedicine along the Silk Road
· Herbal medicines
- from traditional knowledge to global commodities
· Holistic approach
and systems biology in medicinal plant research
· Traditional and modern
herbal medicinal products in ageing related diseases
· Traditional and
modern herbal medicinal products in infectious diseases

Presentations
from other areas of ethnopharmacology will also be accepted.
CONGRESS
WEB SITE
http://ise13.uni-graz.at/cms/ [5]

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

http://ise13.cats-host.com/cms/files/ISE13_Second_Announcement.pdf [6]

IMPORTANT DEADLINES:
Abstract submission: April 30, 2012
Early
registration: May 31, 2012
Hotel reservation: July 27, 2012

We are
looking forward to welcoming you in Graz,
Rudi
Bauer
Chairman

Univ.-Prof. Dr.