[MPWG] Fw: Numen news: updated website, new blog

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Dec 22 07:46:32 CST 2011

Numen: The Healing Power of Plants is a film about the healing power of
plants, featuring some well-known people in the medicinal plant world.
>From their website: We made Numen to help create a local medicine movement
that is as widespread and effective as the local food movement." Just look
at all the awards this film has won! For more info, see the message below
and check out their website.  Ann Armbrecht, one of the filmakers, is a
member of our listserve.  I'm sure if you have any quesitons or thoughts,
she'd love to hear from you.

-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife Service
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 12/22/2011 08:32
AM -----

Ann Armbrecht <a.armbrecht at gmail.com>
12/21/2011 01:05 PM

Ann Armbrecht <a.armbrecht at gmail.com>
cc

Subject
Numen news: updated website, new blog

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message!

Dear Friends of Numen,

We hope this message finds you well.

This past year we received funding from the Kalliopeia Foundation to
launch an audience engagement campaign to bring the ideas at the heart of
Numen to a larger audience. Particularly now when the national health care
debate seems to have stalled or been diverted, our vision with this
funding is to spark new conversations and debate about health and wellness
and to inspire real, tangible actions from audiences. Numen bridges worlds
that aren't usually linked: spirit, ecology and health. We hope to use
discussions around the film and on our updated website to promote new
understandings of these links and to empower communities to build systems
of health care based on care, responsibility and respect for all life.

We need your help to succeed in this goal! No, not another plea for
financial help - we need your activism and engagement.
Tools for Engagement
Today we are launching our updated website and blog: www.numenfilm.com.
Please take a look at the site, forward it to others you know who might be
interested, help us spread the word!
Blog to Connect
Our vision for the blog is to create a place to share ideas about the
incredible work being done across the country by herbalists, gardeners,
medicine makers, nurses, doctors, activists and others working hard to
create sustainable systems of healthcare in their communities. We need
your help in making this a useful forum. Please take a look at what we
have so far and then suggest projects and individuals we should profile,
ideas to explore, let us know what you think would be helpful in bringing
greater awareness to issues relating to sustainability and healing.
Numen Makeover
We have received feedback that the full version of the film is a bit too
long to fit comfortably into a screening/discussion format and so we are
re-editing the film to a shorter more concise version. This new edition
should be ready by the end of January. If you are interested in organizing
a screening in your community, please contact us. We'll help you link up
with others in the area to help ensure the success of the screening. We
still have copies of the longer DVD for sale on our website, though we
expect to run out of these by early next year so, if you are interested in
purchasing the full first edition of the film, now is the time to do it!

Update List
Finally, we will not be using this list anymore. If you are interested in
receiving updates, please sign in on our new website: www.numenfilm.com
With gratitude for your support!
Wishing you a peaceful and joyous holiday season.
Ann and Terry