[MPWG] need info on juniper berries large spiked ones one on flat cedar looking leaves

rabiah al nur rabiah_sol at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:21:49 CDT 2011

Thank you to all who have replied. It is very useful. Not making Gin but there are other uses that will work.

Rabiah Al Nur Spring of Light rabiah_sol at hotmail.com

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:39:55 -0400
From: ceo at medicaltraditions.org
To: mpwg at lists.plantconservation.org; rlb14 at cornell.edu; rabiah_sol at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [MPWG] need info on juniper berries large spiked ones one on flat cedar looking leaves

Juniper medicinal properties are already mentioned in the treatises by Hippocrates (5th/4th c. B.C), Dioscorides and Pliny (1st c. AD). We have databases with the information about medicinal uses of plants in the ancient Mediterranean, therefore we could retrieve the info about juniper.
Please, contact the Institute off list, if you wish to have more information, at: info at medicaltraditions.org
Thanks and best,
Emanuela Appetiti
CEO