[MPWG] FW: Youth National Rural Gathering Organizing Call, May 4th, 4pm EST

rabiah al nur rabiah_sol at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:28:55 CDT 2011

if  you know of any groups that fit this please pass along.

Rabiah Al Nur Spring of Light rabiah_sol at hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:01:11 -0400
Subject: Youth National Rural Gathering Organizing Call, May 4th, 4pm EST
From: angela at ruralco.org

PLEASE SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH OTHER YOUTH NETWORKS THAT MAY BE INTERESTED IN ORGANIZING AND ATTENDING.
____________________________________
Dear Colleagues, Friends and Fellow Youth Activists,

The Rural Coalition will be holding its National Rural Assembly, in partnership with Agricultural Missions, inc.,focus on Water, Land, Energy, and Food in Shawnee, Oklahoma on June 22-26th, 2011. It will be hosted by the Oklahoma Black Historical Research Project and the Black Seminole Community of Wewoka.    It will be a historic gathering of the people of the land – farmworkers, small farmers and ranchers, and rural acequia, land grant, and tribal communities from the US and beyond --standing together at the crossroads of past and future in the midst of transformation and change.  An essential component of the National Rural Gathering is the Youth in Today's Agriculture gathering of youth from across the Nation.
We are reaching out to you because we would like to extend an invitation to Youth organizers, activists and community leaders passionate by, and mobilizing communities around, climate change and justice, food sovereignty/food justice, and farm and land struggles. We invite you and youth to join us on our Youth Assembly Organizing Conference Call where we will be organizing the program and format of youth participation, communication and dialog during this four day program and beyond.  We recognize the strength and need, to have youth involved in all the stages of the National Rural Gathering from planning to implementation, and future actions.  We need your help to spread the word of this call, so that youth are not only participating but leading.

Throughout the four-day Assembly, we will collaborate with partners to conduct skills labs, community based solutions, business plan workshops, climate change and farm bill panels, and debates amongst other activities. Our Youth in Today’s Agriculture will participate and lead some of the overall events and will hold their own specialized workshops. (Please visit:  http://www.ruralco.org/ home page to download/view a copy of the National Gathering program.)

Please contact Angela Adrar, the Field/Outreach Coordinator for the Rural Coalition angela at ruralco.org, to RSVP, if you would like more information or have any questions.

YOUTH IN TODAY'S AGRICULTURE
ASSEMBLY ORGANIZING CALL DETAILS

DATE: May 4th, 2011
TIME: 3PM Central, 4PM EST

   CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER:   218-339-3600
   ACCESS CODE: 547530#

    PENDING AGENDA

·  Introductions
·  background of Rural Coalition and youth at USSF (Darnela)
·  Brief overview of the National Rural Gathering Program
·  Goals Priorities (Blain)
·  Who else needs to be here?
·  Tools for Communication before, during, after (Bryn)
·  Follow up, next call, next steps (Angela)

We look forward to having you on the call and sharing.

Kindly,
Angela Adrar
Blain Snipstail
Bryn Bird
Darnella Burkett

The Rural Coalition is an alliance of farmers, farm-workers, and indigenous, migrant and working people from the United States, Mexico, Canada, and beyond working together towards a new society that values unity, hope, people and the land.

We work to:

bring fair returns to minority and other small farmers and rural communities
ensure just and fair working conditions for farm workers
deliver safe and healthy food to consumers
protect the environment
--
Field/Outreach Coordinator
Rural Coalition

LETS CONNECT:

WEBSITE: www.ruralco.org
EMAIL: angela at ruralco.org
BLOG: http://ruralco.org/field_notes.html
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/DancingSparrow
FACEBOOK FANPAGE:  http://on.fb.me/fYorJ3
LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/angelaadrar

Please consider Mother Earth before printing this email or any other document.

EMAIL: angela at ruralco.org